Sound Seal 90 Acoustic Draft, Smoke, and Acoustical Sound Sealant is a high quality latex-based sealing compound used as an essential component in construction assemblies for achieving and maintaining the required STC rating as per IBC code requirements for airborne sound. Sound Seal 90 possesses excellent adhesion to drywall, wood, metal, and concrete. Sound Seal 90 remains permanently flexible and is durable and long lasting.
• The International Building Code requires walls, partitions, and floor/ceiling assemblies separating dwelling units from each other or from public or service areas to have a sound transmission class (STC) of no less than 50 for airborne noise when tested in accordance with ASTM-E90.
• Sound Seal 90 Acoustic Draft, Smoke, and Acoustical Sound Sealant has been tested as part of an ASTM-E90 wall assembly increasing the integrity from a 39 STC (with no perimeter sealant) to a 52 STC rated wall assembly after acoustic sealant installation. Apply Sound Seal 90 at the top and bottom runners prior to installation of drywall, the outer-edge perimeter joints, cut-outs, and utility penetrations to ensure the required STC is achieved or maintained.
• Tested to ASTM-C834
• Tested to ASTM-C919
• Tested to ASTM-E90
• Tested to ASTM-E84 (Class A, 20 Flame Spread 5 Smoke Development)
• Tested to ASTM-G21
• Meets LEED v4 Emissions requirements (CDPH SM / CA Section01350)
• Improves and maintains desired STC rating
• Excellent adhesion
• Permanently flexible
• Mildew resistant
• Low V.O.C’s
Contact us with technical questions, pricing quotes, or to request samples at 800-638-3160 or click here to submit your request online.